Family & Friends-
We're not big bloggers, but thought this would be a great way to keep family & friends updated as we head back to Russia later this week to make Jacob our forever son!
For those interested in the logistical details, we are leaving home in Battle Creek Wednesday night, 1/16, to stay near the Detroit airport. Bright & early Thursday morning, 1/17, we depart for JFK, with a healthy layover, then on to Moscow! We arrive Moscow the morning of Friday, 1/18, have another healthy layover, then depart that evening to Kemerovo in Southwestern Siberia. We arrive Kemerovo early in the morning on Sat, 1/19. We have 2 days to kill until court, which will take place on Monday, 1/21. If all goes well, we will travel the following day to pick up Jacob at the baby house 3 hrs away in Prokopyevsk. The next day - Wed 1/23, we leave for Moscow, where we'll spend a week completing immigration paperwork before finally heading home on Wed 1/30.
We'll continue to post updates as we have internet access. Right now, we are just finishing the packing. Chris is off work now until March and has been busy running last-minute errands, while I try to concentrate and wrap things up for 2 more days of work. Let the countdown begin!
Happy 8th Birthday, Sammy!
11 years ago
13 comments:
Thanks for the invite! Will be sending good thoughts and prayers for you! Looks like we will miss each other in Kemerovo, we leave on the 27th. Safe travels and God speed.
Have a great trip. I can't wait to read about your journey. I hope that someday our boys can meet again. Their lives will never be the same as it was that October day we met them. How lucky for all of us! I write this as Drake is crawling all over my office floor giggling and smiling up at me. How different from a few short months ago.
This is a great idea. We'll be thinking about you and hoping for a safe return. We are so happy to be a part of this exciting time in your life. By this time next month your life will have changed so much you'll be wondering what you ever did without Jacob. Can't wait for the boys to meet each other.
Wow, we are very excited for you guys. Have a safe trip, and we hope everything goes well. We will look forward to updates, and getting to meet jacob.
We are so excited for you! Your life is about to change forever(for the better). Can't wait to meet baby Jacob. The blog is a great thought. I will be checking it often to keep track of your trip.
Have a safe trip! I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Can't wait to meet baby Jacob when he finally comes home!
So I was just sitting here on the computer and Cheryl was in the other room and she says to me "I'm sure that Chris and Carrie are probably on their way to Detroit by now." And before i could reply Ethan blurts out "them going to pick up Jacob?" I guess that he must be excited to meet him also.
We will keep you guys in our prayors as you make what may be the greatest journey of your life.
So glad you've started your journey and you are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope your trip is full of excitement and happiness. We can't wait to Meet Jacob Wolters. I an so excited about keeping track of your trip on this blog. Enjoy the journey!!
Joe missed out on the rest of my conversation with Ethan. He asked me where Jacob was. I told him Jacob was in Russia and that it was really cold and probably a lot of snow where Jacob was. Ethan asked if we were going there to build a snowman. Unfortunately, I had to break his little heart and tell him no that we couldn't go to Russia to build snowmen. He then asks if Jacob was coming to our house. I told him he would one day. Ethan's reply "We play tractors. I be green and Jacob be red." The mind of a two year old...
Greetings from the South! We are praying for a safe trip for you guys. What a great feeling it will be to hold Jacob in your arms. We can't wait to read the blog.
We are praying for you to have a save trip. Sounds like you've made it some of the way. How wonderful it will be to hold Jacob in your arms. We can't wait to read the blog. Tracy Eye
Hi Mom and Dad! We can't wait to meet our new brother, Jake. Max said he will share his ball and I will share my rawhide with him. Jake can be our third on our tug toy too. We'll have lots of fun when he gets home. Tell Jake not to be afraid of the dr appt next week, we have one too and they give milkbones if you're good. We miss you and hope to see you on the Kemerova webcam soon. We lova ya.
Hey, look I got through. We have loved all the great news so far, looking forward to the web cam pics. Dad and I are so proud of you and wish a happy and safe journey to you both (soon to three). Your going to be great parents.
Love, Mom and Dad
Post a Comment