A year ago today, a judge in Kemerovo City, Russia, officially named us parents of Jacob! And, coincidentally, we received his Michigan Birth Certificate for Foreign Birth today (no readoption needed in our state). He is talking more and more, developing quite the vocabulary. One of his clearest words is "Donald's", which is where I took him for dinner tonight to celebrate Adoption Day. I would not have believed it possible a year ago that I could possibly be happier or love someone as much as I did our new son. A year later, I know that both of those things are possible! And, seeing Chris in his new role as "Daddy" has also made me see him in a new light, and love him even more!
Here's a cute recent picture to go along with the post - he's enjoying his new Hess truck & loader that his Great Great Aunt in Boston sent him.
3 comments:
Congrats. Gotcha day is such a special day :0) I love Jacob's smile, so sweet & innocent.
Congrats! And thanks again for all your help in "forging the way" ahead of me - securing the stroller, leaving the disposable camera (priceless!), not to mention all the advice.
I just can't believe how blessed we all are. Thank you, God!
I left a comment on your previous blog, but didn't hit 'save' I guess, as my mom told me hers was the only one out there. You didn't make me cry this time, like you did with your video after our first visit, but it was pretty close!
Hi Carie, I just noticed that you live in Michigan. We live in Brighton and are using FTIA for our adoption. We are #5 on the list for a little girl.
http://maurailise.blogspot.com/
Your son is adorable.
Talk to you soon. Dawn
Post a Comment